Mongolia is a country of extreme weather conditions. Depending on the time of year you go you should pack accordingly. For summer, it is rather hot, the evenings can get cool especially in the Gobi and mountains.
I would recommend traveling as light as possible and using a good backpack. But you can buy everything you need in Mongolia’s department stores and travel shops. The following is a rough guide of things that you will need to pack for your trip to Mongolia. Although this may not suit everyone’s needs, it can be adapted to personal requirements or the type of trip that you are planning to take.
Shoes suitable for walking or riding with thin or thick socks, Lightweight shoes, Warm jacket and pullover, Trousers suitable for riding, Long sleeved shirts, T-shirts, Shorts, Gloves.
trousers and top
- Woolen hat
- Clothes suitable for the city
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- Camera and spare batteries
- Snack food
- Flashlight and batteries for camping (head lights are very useful)
- Water bottles
- Pen knife
- Plastic bags to protect your items from moisture
- Photocopy of passport and other important documents
- 4 season sleeping bag
- Sleeping bag liner
- Sleeping pad
- Washing line
- Small pillow or pillow case
- Medical pack and toiletries
- Mosquito cream
- Common antibiotics
- Lip balm
- Pills for diarrhea, constipation, stomach upsets, headache or other pains and sunburn and skin irritation.
It is a good idea to include small gifts in your packing list, as you will inevitably be visiting local nomadic families in the county. It is polite to offer them some small gifts to show your gratitude in return for their hospitality.
Stickers or balloons or small gifts for kids
Candies and chocolates
Carry on photo printer
Post card or fridge magnet from your home country
Hope you find it useful!